for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - World War II - 1940
Ten questions on the second year of World War II when France fell and Great Britain was directly under threat.
January 09, 2018
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. On March 20, 1940 the French Prime Minister Daladier was forced to resign and was replaced by whom?
A. Paul Reynard
B. Pierre Laval
C. Marshall Petain
D. Charles de Gaulle
2. In April, 1940 Germany attacked what country?
A. Soviet Union
3. Which of the following did not occur in May, 1940?
A. Invasion of France by Germany
B. Winston Churchill became Prime Minister of Great Britain.
C. The Battle of Britain began.
D. Britain’s Home Guard created.
4. In an attempt to bring the United States into the war on the side of the Allies, with what did Churchill threaten Roosevelt?
A. If Britain were to fall, the U S A would be no match against a combined German/Soviet force.
B. He would bring the war to the North American continent by evacuating as much of Britain to Canada.
C. Churchill would continue the fight against Hitler based in Washington.
D. If Britain were to fall, Churchill could not guarantee the Royal Navy would not fall under Hitler’s control.
5. The Dunkirk evacuation saw over 330,000 troops returned to Britain on an armada of a variety of boats and ships. What was this operation’s name?
A. Coming Home
D. Sea Lion
6. In June, 1940 the Royal Navy suffered its worst maritime disaster when what ship was bombed resulting in more than 3,500 deaths?
7. What was the name of the French much-vaunted defensive embattlements that were designed to stop any invasion from Germany but proved useless?
A. Maginot Line
B. Tricaud Line
C. Alsace Line
D. Ferdinand Foch Line
8. On June 21, 1940 where did France sign the formal surrender to Germany?
A. Arc de Triomphe
B. Eiffel Tower
C. Place de la Concorde
D. railway carriage
9. The Battle of Britain ended in October and removed the threat of an air-borne invasion of Britain. What was the tally of aircraft lost?
A. Allies : 578 Germany : 1029
B. Allies : 803 Germany : 1301
C. Allies : 1744 Germany : 1977
D. Allies : 2064 Germany : 2860
10. In October, 1940 Italy began a poorly devised invasion of what nation?
Conditions of Use