for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - World War II - 1943
1943 saw the Axis powers suffer many setbacks which gave hope to the free world that there was light at the end of the tunnel.
February 17, 2018
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which German general surrendered his 6th Army following its defeat at the Battle of Stalingrad in January?
2. What important conference was held in January, 1943 between Churchill and Roosevelt?
3. In April, 1943 which Japanese war leader was killed flying over New Guinea when his plane was shot down by U S fighter planes?
4. In April, 1943 the biggest uprising of Jews against the Germans occurred where?
5. The island-hopping campaign used by the U S in the Pacific based its success on the work of the "Seabees" who turned destroyed islands into operational units. What did "Seabees" stand for?
A. seaborne battalions
B. construction battalions
C. slash and burn battalions
D. seek and bury battalions
6. In July, 1943 which Mediterranean island was invaded by Allied forces as a precursor to the fall of Italy?
7. In August what German city was attacked by Allied bombers for the first time?
8. In August, 1943 where did the German army in the Soviet Union receive a major blow when its offensive was defeated by Soviet forces?
9. In October, 1943 what country declared war on Germany?
10. 1943 saw the German extermination of Jews and other "undesirables" in full operation. This process was termed the "Final Solution" and was also known by what other?
A. Yad Vashem
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by