for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - World War II 1945 - The European Campaign
At the start of 1945 Germany was a beaten nation but determined to fight on to the end, led by its maniacal leaders who sacrificed their nation rather than admit defeat.
April 06, 2018
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In January, 1945 the stirrings of civil war began in what Mediterranean country?
2. In the month of January, 1945 over 450,000 soldiers of the Wehrmacht were killed. This was equivalent to the total losses of which nation during the war?
A. U S A
3. In January, 1945 the world witnessed the worst loss of life in a naval action when what ship was sunk?
C. Wilhelm Gustloff
D. Cap Arcona
4. The air destruction of which historically significant German city commenced in February, 1945?
5. The crossing of what river by Allied forces acted as a spur for Soviet troops to take Berlin?
6. Advancing Allied and Soviet armies were confronted with the unimaginable horror of German concentration camps. Which of the following was not liberated as Germany was invaded from both sides?
7. Which of the following did not occur to Soviet soldiers in the final stages of World War II?
A. Officers were ordered to nominate any men who were "morally or politically unstable".
B. Soviet soldiers released from German POW camps were then imprisoned in the USSR as "traitors".
C. Soviet soldiers had their pay stopped as they were told "saving the motherland should be its own reward."
D. Over 135,000 Soviet troops were arrested for counter-revolutionary crimes.
8. How many days separated the deaths of Mussolini and Hitler?
9. How many German women were estimated to have been raped in the last four months of the war?
A. less than 100
10. In recognition of his sterling service to the Soviet Union, which general was allowed by Stalin to accept the German instrument of surrender in Berlin on May 8, 1945?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by