for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Fyodor Dostoevsky - Russian Novelist
He is regarded as the second greatest Russian writer, just behind Tolstoy. Test your knowledge of this writer who explored some of the dark canyons of human nature.
November 10, 2018
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Fyodor M Dostoevsky
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in 1821, Dosteovsky lost his mother in 1837 and then saw the death of his father two years later from what cause?
A. executed by the czar's troops
C. killed by his serfs
2. Studying from 1838 to 1843, Dosteovsky graduated with what qualifications?
A. military engineering
C. doctor of philosophy
D. theological doctorate
3. In 1849 Dostoevsky was sentenced to death for what crime?
A. urging revolution against the czar
B. participating in a socialist group
C. stealing food to feed a poor family
D. desertion from the army
4. Dostoevsky's sentence was commuted and he was sent to a Siberian prison where he read and was influenced by the works of which writer?
5. Which of the following Russian novels was not written by Dostoevsky?
B. The Idiot
C. The Brothers Karamazov
D. Crime and Punishment
6. What addiction affected Dostoevsky's standing in Russian society?
7. Which of the following women, all with whom Dostoevsky conducted affairs, became the model for many of his literary heroines?
A. Avdotya Yakovlevna
B. Apollonia Suslova
C. Aleksandra Schubert
D. Anna Korvin-Krukovskaya
8. Dostoevsky was plagued by what affliction throughout much of his life?
A. Tourette's syndrome
B. bipolar disorder
C. obsessive compulsion disorder
9. Which of the following works was not written by Dostoevsky?
A. The Gambler
B. The House of the Dead
C. The Trial
D. The Adolescent
10. Which of the following quotes was not made by Dostoevsky?
A. Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery.
B. Man only likes to count his troubles; he doesn't calculate his happiness.
C. Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart.
D. It is often safer to be in chains than to be free.
Pine River Consulting 2022