for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Maurits Escher - Extraordinary Graphic Artist
Maurits Escher was the greatest graphic artist of the 20th century. His drawings and prints challenged the way we look at the world. Test your knowledge of this enigmatic artist.
February 02, 2019
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Maurits Cornelis Escher Photo at im-possible.info)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Maurits Escher was born in what country in 1898?
C. U S A
2. Escher produced many intricate works using what technique?
3. What other style of printing was also favored by Escher?
4. Which of the following mathematical concepts did Escher employ in many of his works?
A. transfer principle
D. prime number theory
5. In which European country did Escher live prior to World War II, gaining material for his work?
6. What other mathematical concept was also used regularly by Escher in his work?
A. quadratic equations
7. Escher also created works designed to illustrate what concept?
B. quantum physics
D. perpetual motion
8. What body part was depicted by Escher in one of his best-known works?
9. What animal was the subject of Escher's last work, completed in 1969?
10. Dying in 1972, Escher left behind approximately how many prints and drawings?
Conditions of Use