for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Desmond Doss - The Bravest of the Brave
Desmond Doss performed remarkable feats of heroism during World War II even though he was a conscientious objector. Test your knowledge of this extraordinary man.
March 26, 2019
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what U S state was Desmond Doss born in 1919?
2. Desmond Doss was raised by his mother to be non-violent, following the tenents of what religion?
B. Seventh Day Adventist
C. Jehovah's Witness
3. As a conscientious objector, what role did Desmond Doss fulfill in the army?
A. stretcher bearer
B. communications officer
D. ammunition carrier
4. In what Pacific battle did Desmond Doss win his Medal of Honor?
D. Iwo Jima
5. In winning his Medal of Honor, Desmond Doss was credited with saving the lives of approximately how many soldiers?
6. Apart from his Medal of Honor, what other prestigious service medal was Desmond Doss awarded?
A. Bronze Star
B. Silver Star
C. Legion of Merit
D. Distinguished Service Cross
7. Desmond Doss's Medal of Honor citation states he came within what distance of ememy lines retrieving fallen comrades?
A. eight yards
B. twenty yards
C. forty yards
D. Fifty two yards
8. How many times was Desmond Doss wounded during World War II?
A. 0 - he led a charmed existence
9. Desmond Doss was honored in many ways for his heroic and selfless service. Which of the following was not one of these?
A. A school was named after him.
B. A training camp was named in his honor.
C. A postage stamp was issued with his image.
D. PETA acknowledged him for his commitment to vegetarianism.
10. What movie depicts the war service of Desmond Doss?
A. Flag of our Fathers
B. Letters from Iwo Jima
C. Born on the Fourth of July
D. Hacksaw Ridge
Pine River Consulting 2022