for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Oklahoma Fun Facts
"You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!" Oklahoma is the only US state to have a state song that came from a Broadway musical. It also has many other interesting features and facts. Test your knowledge of the "Sooner State".
March 08, 2021
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: concealednation.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The city of Tulsa, Oklahoma is home to the world's largest what?
B. nuclear generator
C. natural gas field
D. airline maintenance facility
2. What river forms much of the border between Oklahoma and Texas?
A. Red River
B. Rio Grande
C. Missouri River
D. Arkansas River
3. What does Oklahoma have more of per capita than any other US state?
A. oil wells
C. Academy Award winners
4. Which of the following media personalities did not come from Oklahoma?
A. Ron Howard
B. Brad Pitt
C. Phillip McGraw
D. Steve Martin
5. As of 2021, which of the following is not true of Oklahoma?
A. It is one of America's top producers of petroleum, oil and natural gas.
B. It has never had a Presidential candidate from either of the major parties.
C. It was the last of the contiguous 48 states to be accepted into the Union.
D. It has more major cyclones per square mile than any other U S state.
6. What is the name of the county in Oklahoma's panhandle that is the only county in the US that touches four states?
7. Having the second largest number of Native Americans, Oklahoma has a progressive approach to many indigenous issues. Which of the following is not one of these?
A. Only Native Americans may adopt children of Native American origin.
B. There are 39 tribal governments in the state.
C. There are over 20 centers to assist with drug and alcohol dependence.
D. Nearly all the state's gambling casinos are operated by Native Americans.
8. Oklahoma has a proud history in the Country and Western music genre. Who of the following stars was not born in Oklahoma?
A. Carrie Underwood
B. Dwight Yoakam
C. Reba McEntire
D. Garth Brooks
9. Which of the following inventions was not made by a native of Oklahoma?
A. parking meter
B. shopping cart
D. dental floss
10. Oklahoma has only one sporting team in a major national league. It is its NBA team with what name?
A. Oklahoma City Storm
B. Oklahoma City Lightning
C. Oklahoma City Thunder
D. Oklahoma City Tornadoes
Conditions of Use