for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Detroit Celebrities of the 60s and 70s
How much do you remember about these Detroit celebrities?
October 21, 2007
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The Ghoul)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Bill Kennedy, a former actor, hosted this daily show from 1956 to 1983:
A. "Bill Kennedy at the Movies"
B. "Bill Kennedy Primetime"
C. "Bill Kennedy's Movie Time"
D. "Bill Kennedy's Favorite Films"
2. Each weekday morning from 1959 to 1977, Rita Bell hosted her show called "Prize Movie." Rita awarded a cash prize on every show to the caller who could do what?
A. be the first caller into the show
B. correctly identify the name of the song she would play
C. correctly identify the leading players in today's movie
D. correctly identify the year in which today's movie was released
3. This gravelly-voiced gentleman hosted a 1960s Detroit-based show about travel films from around the world:
A. Robin Seymour
B. Bill Bonds
C. Lou Gordon
D. George Pierrot
4. What was the "Lou Gordon Show" about?
A. comedy talk show
B. politics and current events show
C. movie show
D. sports show
5. This character was the host of a popular Saturday afternoon horror movie television show that ran from 1967 to 1982 in Detroit:
A. Count Scary
C. The Ghoul
D. Sir Graves Ghastly
6. Which of the following was NOT a regular on "Big Time Wrestling?"
A. Dick the Bruiser
B. Bobo Brazil
C. The Hawk
D. The Sheik
7. Which of the following did the hilarious Sonny Eliot NEVER host?
A. Channel 2 Weather
B. "At the Zoo"
C. Channel 4 Weather
D. "At the Movies"
8. This late-night television horror host broad casted on the Detroit air waves in the 1970s. He would typically take an unbelievably bad horror movie and dump in sound bites at appropriate moments. Hilarious!
A. The Ghoul
C. The Phantom
D. Sir Graves Ghastly
9. This opinionated Emmy award-winning American television anchor and reporter worked at WXYZ-TV in Detroit from 1967 to 1995. Some believe his battle with alcoholism led to his departure.
A. Guy Gordon
B. Frank Turner
C. Jac LeGoff
D. Bill Bonds
10. Marilyn Turner and John Kelly hosted this popular and successful WXYZ morning talk show from 1978 to 1995:
A. "Kelly and Company"
B. "Kelly and Turner"
C. "Good Morning Detroit"
D. "Detroit Daily"
Pine River Consulting 2022