for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Vlad III Dracula: aka. Vlad the Impaler
Some refer to this twisted psychotic as the original vampire. His post-mortem moniker of "Ţepeş" ("Impaler") originated from his execution of enemies by impalement.
February 08, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Vlad the Impaler
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Public Domain Image of Vlad the Impaler)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what century did Vlad III Dracula live?
A. 14th century
B. 15th century
C. 16th century
D. 17th century
2. Vlad III Dracula was ruler of Wallachia, an area that lies in what modern-day country?
3. Vlad III's Romanian surname was Dracula. Loosely translated, what is the Latin word for Dracula?
4. How did Vlad III Dracula ascend to the throne of Wallachia?
A. his father and older brother were both killed by their adversaries
B. his father resigned the throne to him
C. Vlad killed his father and brother
D. his father and older brother were both accidentally killed
5. How many different times did Vlad III Dracula rule Wallachia?
A. 1 time
B. 2 times
C. 3 times
D. 4 times
6. Who was the primary enemy of Vlad Dracula and the people of Wallachia?
A. The Christians
B. Ottoman Turks
C. The Solvaks
D. The Persians
7. Vlad the Impaler not only executed his enemies, he often killed his own people. Why?
A. to enforce his own moral code upon his country
B. to systematically eradicate the old boyar class of Wallachia
C. he took pleasure in watching people being executed
D. all of the above
8. Vlad the Impaler was a tyrant who took sadistic pleasure in torture and execution. Approximately, how many victims fell at the hand of this cruel ruler?
D. up to or more than 100,000
9. Vlad II Dracula was a vile and vicious ruler. What was his favorite method of execution?
C. firing squad
D. burning at the stake
10. In the English-speaking world, Vlad III is perhaps most commonly known for inspiring the name of the vampire in the 1897 novel entitled, "Dracula." Who wrote this novel?
A. William Thomas Beckford
B. Lady Cynthia Asquith
C. Mary Shelley
D. Bram Stoker
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by