for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Paul Robeson: More Than Just the Singer of "Ol' Man River"!
Questions about a proud Black American who paved the way for those who followed him, Paul Robeson. "The greatest musical instrument wrought by God."
July 15, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Paul LB Robeson
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Paul LB Robeson @ Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Robeson was born in which US state in 1898?
A. New York
B. New Jersey
C. New Hampshire
D. New Mexico
2. Which of Robeson's family died in a fire when he was 6 years old?
A. His mother
B. His father
C. His brother
D. His sister
3. In 1923 Robeson graduated with which degree?
4. Which Shakespearean role did Robeson perform in England and USA to great acclaim?
D. Julius Caesar
5. Robeson also won fame for his magnificent singing. What voice register was he?
B. Bass Baritone
D. Basso Profundo
6. Robeson aligned himself with many international struggles. Which of the following did he not publicly support?
A. U S involvement in Vietnam
B. Black South Africa's anti-apartheid cause
C. Soviet Union and the Communist Party
D. Republicans in the Spanish Civil War
7. Robeson had his passport confiscated following his visit to and support of which nation?
A. Communist China
B. Soviet Union
C. North Vietnam
8. To overcome his lack of a passport, supporters of Robeson managed to broadcast one of his concerts to which country?
9. Robeson wrote only one book about his tumultuous life. What was its title?
A. Stand and Deliver
B. Stand on Your Feet or Beg on Your Knees
C. Here I Stand
D. Time to Make a Stand
10. In 1995 Robeson was belatedly inducted into which organization?
A. College Football Hall of Fame
B. Screen Artists Guild
C. NAACP - National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
D. Globe Theatre in Stratford
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by