for extra features!
Science & Nature
TV, Radio & Stage
Question by Question
Trivia Quiz - William Shakespeare: Epic British Author
There are many amazing facts surrounding the life of William Shakespeare. What do you know about him?
March 13, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: William Shakespeare)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What was William Shakespeare's wife's first name?
2. Coincidentally, William Shakespeare's probable birth date is also the date of his death. What's the date?
A. February 9
B. April 23
C. August 6
D. November 12
3. How many of William Shakespeare's plays were published during his lifetime?
4. Which if the following is not the name of one of William Shakespeare's children?
5. By what title is William Shakespeare often referred?
A. Britian's Bard
B. Bard of England
C. Poet of London
D. Bard of Avon
6. William Shakespeare was born and raised in Stratford-upon-Avon; he also died there. However, he lived most of his life in what city?
7. Little is known about William Shakespeare between the years of 1585 and 1592. To what are these years are often referred?
A. unknown time
B. missing years
C. lost years
D. between years
8. In 1594, William Shakespeare, along with a group of other players, founded a theatrical group. What was it called?
A. Lord Chamberlain's Men
B. Lady Elizabeth's Men
C. Lord Strange's Men
D. Pembroke's Men
9. Which of the following is not true of William Shakespeare?
A. he never attended a university
B. he lived through the "Black Death"
C. he traveled into Scandinavia on more than one occassion
D. he dabbled in property development
10. Shakespeare bequeathed most of his property to his oldest daughter, not his wife. What was the only item he bequeathed to his wife?
A. wine chalice
B. favorite chair
D. second-best bed
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by