for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - David "Davy" Crockett
Davy Crockett was a celebrated 19th century American folk hero, frontiersman, soldier and politician.
September 03, 2011
American Frontier Explorers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Crockett ran away from home at the age of 13; how did he survive?
A. Printer's apprentice.
B. Trick shot in a Wild West show.
C. Hunting and trapping.
D. Stealing from the rich.
2. Crockett became engaged to Margaret Elder; how did that work out for the young couple?
A. She married someone else.
B. Crockett broke off the engagement.
C. They married, but were divorced in less than one year.
D. She died in childbirth.
3. Crockett's first military experience was during the __________ War, in 1813.
4. What was Crockett's position during the war between 1813-1814?
A. Commanding General
5. As a Congressman from Tennessee, Crockett had a falling out with the President. What was the issue?
A. War with the United Kingdom
B. Indian Removal
C. Bank of the United States
D. Crockett opposed whiskey tariffs.
6. Crockett famously said, after failing to win re-election, to his constituents:
A. "Give a tired woodsman a break!"
B. "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
C. "Keep the pension; it isn't your money to give."
D. "California or bust!"
7. The election of what politician was a precipitating event, according to Crockett, for Crockett to go to Texas?
A. Jacksons election to President
B. Van Buren's election to President
C. John Quincy Adam's election to Speaker of the House
D. Sam Houston's election to President to the Republic of Texas
8. How long before the Siege of the Alamo did Crockett and his men arrive?
A. one day
B. about two weeks
C. about two months
D. about six months
9. What would have the US Volunteers received for their military service to Texas?
A. 30 pieces of silver
B. 30 gold dubloons
C. 4,600 acres of land
D. 12 slaves.
10. Crockett often described himself as "part" many types of animals. What is NOT one of the animals?
Conditions of Use