for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - "Wild Bill" Hickok of the American Old West
What do you know about Wild Bill Hickok, gunfighter, scout, spy, showman and lawman. What's the truth about Wild Bill and what has been fictionalized?
September 18, 2011
American Frontier Explorers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Wild Bill Hickok
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: )
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What was "Wild Bill" Hickok's birth name?
A. James Butler Hickok
B. William James Hickok
C. Robert William Hickok
D. James Andrew Hickok
2. Because of his "sweeping nose and protruding upper lip," Hickok was sometimes nicknamed what?
A. Long Beak Bill
B. Snout Bill
C. Awkward Bill
D. Duck Bill
3. In 1860, Hickok was bedridden for four months. Why?
A. Scarlet fever
B. injured in a fight with a bear
C. Rheumatic fever
4. There are no known records of Hickok's whereabouts between late 1861 and late 1862. Historians' best guess is that he was doing what?
A. incarcerated in a Canadian prison
B. scouting in the plains states
C. Union spy working in Confederate territory
D. in Mexico, prospecting for gold
5. At which of these locations was "Wild Bill" never employed as a law man?
A. Sheriff of Pecos County, Texas
B. US Deputy Marshall at Fort Riley, Kansas
C. Sherriff of Ellis County, Kansas
D. Marshall at Abilene, Texas
6. In 1873, Buffalo Bill Cody and Texas Jack Omohundro invited Hickok to join them in a new play. What was it called?
A. Secrets of the War Between the States
B. Men of the Wild West
C. Scouts of the Plains
D. Maintaining Law and Order in the Wild West
7. In March 1876 he married Agnes Lake, a circus proprietor some 11 years his senior. A few months later, Hickok left his new bride to do what?
A. prospect for gold
B. became a Calvary scout
C. joined Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show
D. worked for the Pony Express
8. What "wild west" woman claimed to be the wife of Wild Bill?
A. Cattle Kate
B. Belle Starr
C. Annie Oakley
D. Calamity Jane
9. In 1876, Wild Bill was shot and killed by Jack McCall while playing poker. He was holding a pair of black aces and black eights (the fifth card is unknown, perhaps it was a jack of diamonds). This poker hand has infamously become known as what?
A. Ace's hand
B. Deadman's hand
C. Black hand of death
D. Grim Reaper's hand
10. In what state will you find the Wild Bill Hickok Memorial, which marks the site of the birthplace of â€œWild Billâ€ Hickok?
Pine River Consulting 2022