for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Jean Arthur - Queen of Comedy
Frank Capra called her his favourite actress. In a film career that lasted thirty years she could play sophisticated, screwball and sexy.
October 02, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Jean Arthur @ TV Guide)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born October 17, 1900, Jean Arthur was bestowed with which colorful name?
A. Beatrice Brown
B. Gladys Greene
C. Wilma White
D. Billie Black
2. Jean Arthur starred with many of Hollywood's leading men. Which of the following icons did not share the celluloid with Jean?
A. Cary Grant
B. Clark Gable
C. Gary Cooper
D. James Stewart
3. Such was Jean Arthur's versatility as an actress, she was considered a strong possibility for what notable role?
A. Dorothy in "Wizard of Oz"
B. Jane opposite Johnny Weismuller's Tarzan
C. Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone With the Wind"
D. "Mrs Miniver"
4. How many times was Jean Arthur nominated for a Best Actress Oscar?
5. Married twice, what was notable about Jean Arthur's first marriage?
A. She married her first cousin, Julian
B. She married her husband by proxy as she was on a filming assignment
C. Her husband was 25 years older
D. It lasted one day
6. Jean Arthur also starred in a number of westerns. Which of the following was not one of hers?
A. Belle Starr
D. The Plainsman
7. Very private away from the screen, what was one of Jean Arthur's passions?
A. A campaigner for ex-servicemen's rights
B. Environmental protection
C. Sailing solo
D. She was an animal lover
8. What failing did Jean Arthur have that should have spelled an end to her acting career?
A. A poor memory, this forgetting her lines
B. Stage fright
C. Allergy to stage make-up
D. Extreme short-sightedness
9. Jean Arthur's star began to wane in the 1940s. Which actress took her role as Columbia Pictures' leading lady?
A. Rita Hayworth
B. Betty Grable
C. Betty Hutton
D. Lana Turner
10. At the age of 65 in 1966, Jean Arthur made a TV series called "The Jean Arthur Show". What was her character's profession?
C. drama teacher
Conditions of Use