for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Mary, Queen of Scots
Queen v Queen. The story of Mary, Queen of Scots, the Queen who was beheaded by her cousin, Elizabeth I.
November 27, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Mary Queen of Scots
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. At what age did Mary become Queen of Scotland?
A. one week old
B. six months
C. five years
D. ten years
2. To which country was Mary sent in 1547 to keep her safe from the clutches of the English court?
3. How many times was Mary, Queen of Scots married?
4. Mary's son became King of England following the death of Elizabeth I. What title was bestowed on him?
A. James I
B. James II
C. William III
D. George II
5. What could be considered odd about about Mary's last marriage?
A. She and her husband never met.
B. Mary was still officially married to her previous husband.
C. Her husband was a boy of 13.
D. The man she married was suspected of murdering her previous husband.
6. Mary, Queen of Scot's last marriage was also disastrous for what reasons?
A. Her husband was widely hated throughout Scotland.
B. Her army deserted in protest at the marriage.
C. She was deposed as queen in favour of her son.
D. All the above
7. How did the forces of Elizabeth I capture Mary, Queen of Scots?
A. Her army lost the Battle of Culloden.
B. Mary was caught by English spies who accused her of plotting Elizabeth's downfall.
C. Mary sought asylum in England.
D. Mary was caught attempting to flee to Spain via England.
8. Why did Elizabeth I keep Mary, Queen of Scots prisoner?
A. She suspected Mary of wanting to usurp the English throne.
B. Elizabeth believed Mary to be a rallying point for English Catholics.
C. She suspected Mary capable of rallying French military support.
D. Elizabeth believed the words of a soothsayer who warned her about her "ambitious cousin".
9. How many years elapsed between Mary's capture and her execution?
10. According to observers at her execution, which of the following is true?
A. Mary's lips continued to move after her head was severed.
B. Her pet dog crept on to the scaffold and lay between her body and her head.
C. The executioner revealed Mary to be almost bald when he held up her head.
D. All the above
Conditions of Use