for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Ernest Hemingway - Muscular Writer
Hemingway was a "man's man", pushing himself to experience all life had to offer while still writing some of the memorable works of the 20th century. Test your knowledge of this writer who "took no prisoners".
May 23, 2014
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Ernest M Hemingway
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in Oak Park, Illinois in 1899, Ernest Hemingway had to endure what tragedy?
A. The suicide of his father
B. The early breakdown of his parents' marriage
C. Infantile polio
D. Abandonment by his unwed mother
2. How did Ernest Hemingway serve in World War 1?
A. As a corporal in France
B. As an ambulance driver in Italy
C. Aboard the U S S Maine
D. As a trainer pilot at the Curtis Flying School
3. Following World War I in what European city did Hemingway live?
4. What was Ernest Hemingway's first novel?
A. The Sun Also Rises
B. A Farewell to Arms
C. Death in the Afternoon
D. For Whom the Bell Tolls
5. Which of the following pursuits was not favored by Ernest Hemingway?
A. deep-sea fishing
B. stamp collecting
6. For someone of such manly charisma, what flaw did Ernest Hemingway possess?
A. He was afraid of the dark.
B. He fainted at the sight of blood.
C. He disliked shaking hands.
D. He couldn't pronounce the letter 'l'.
7. Hemingway was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1953 for which of his works?
A. A Farewell to Arms
B. The Old Man and the Sea
C. For Whom the Bell Tolls
D. Death in the Afternoon
8. How many times was Ernest Hemingway married?
9. How did Ernest Hemingway spend World War II?
A. He moved to Argentina to be as far away as possible.
B. He ran an arms smuggling venture from Hungary.
C. He was a war correspondent.
D. He joined the French Resistance.
10. Ernest Hemingway died in July, 1961 from what?
B. lung cancer
C. self-inflicted gunshot
D. airplane crash
Conditions of Use