for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Stephen Foster - "The Father of American Music"
Over 150 years after his death, the songs of Stephen Foster are still with us, reminding us of a simpler time in America.
January 07, 2017
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Stephen Foster was born in Pennsylvania in 1826 on what significant day?
A. January 1
B. July 4
C. April 1
D. December 25
2. How did Stephen Foster acquire his musical ability?
A. His mother taught him from the age of three.
B. A local music teacher spotted his talent and nurtured it.
C. He was largely self-taught.
D. At Jefferson College, Pennsylvania.
3. Which musical group contracted Stephen Foster in 1849?
A. The Christy Minstrels
B. The Virginia Minstrels
C. New York's African Grove Theatre
D. The United Mastadon Minstrels
4. Many of Stephen Foster's songs centred around what part of America?
A. The ports and harbors
B. The Wild West
C. The Mid-west
D. The South
5. Which of the following songs did Stephen Foster not write?
A. My Old Kentucky Home
B. Hard Times Come Again No More
C. The Star Spangled Banner
D. Old Black Joe
6. For whom did Stephen Foster write "Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair"?
A. His wife
B. His mother
C. His daughter
D. An unknown lover by the name of Jeanie
7. Which of Stephen Foster's songs has been used in such movies as Gone with the Wind, The Naked Spur, The Domino Kid and How to make an American Quilt?
A. Oh, Susanna
B. Beautiful Dreamer
C. Old Folks at Home
D. Camptown Races
8. The Camptown Races is one of Foster's best loved works. In what U S state is Camptown?
9. Which two U S states adopted Stephen Foster's songs as their state song?
A. Alabama & Louisiana
B. Kentucky & Florida
C. South Carolina & Kentucky
D. Noth Carolina & Virginia
10. How old was Stephen Foster when he died?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by