for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Al Jolson - "The World's Greatest Entertainer"
Al Jolson's unique voice coupled with his enthusiasm and confidence made him the most popular entertainer of the first half of the twentieth century.
February 23, 2019
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Al Jolson public domain photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Al Jolson was born May 26, 1886 in what present-day European nation?
2. Al Jolson's name was anglicized. His birth name was Yoelson. What was his original first name?
3. Al Jolson made many songs his with his wonderful renditions. Which of the following is most closely associated with him?
A. April Showers
C. California, Here I Come
D. Toot, Toot, Tootsie, Goodbye
4. Al Jolson appeared in 14 movies. Which of the following did he not feature in?
A. Easter Parade
B. Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!
C. The Jazz Singer
D. Swanee River
5. Which group did Al Jolson claim was his favorite audience?
B. Jewish congregations
C. his family members
D. U S troops
6. Al Jolson was the first singer to sell more than how many copies?
A. 1 million
B. 10 million
C. 20 million
D. 50 million
7. Al Jolson was one of a rare group who were alive to watch a filmed biography of their life. Who played Jolson in the two resulting films?
A. Gordon MacRae
B. Howard Keel
C. Larry Parks
D. Van Johnson
8. How many times was Al Jolson married?
9. How many children did Al Jolson have?
10. Where can you find Al Jolson Way in the USA?
A. New Orleans
C. Near the Golden Gate Bridge, California
D. Broadway, New York
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by