for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Betty Ford - Independent First Lady
Betty Ford became First Lady by accident and at a time when her country was undergoing dramatic change. She took to the role with a refreshing desire to be herself and let the American public know she understood and shared some of their problems.
February 09, 2020
Presidential First Ladies
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The White House)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born on April 8, 1918 Betty Ford had what alliterative last name?
2. In what northern U S town did Betty Ford spend much of her childhood?
A. Battle Creek
C. Grand Rapids
3. What creative pursuit was Betty Ford's major love growing up?
4. Upon becoming First Lady in 1975, Betty Ford spoke her mind about many issues. Which of the following was not one of them?
A. Women's rights
B. Equal Rights Amendment
D. Workers rights
5. Betty Ford admitted to providing advice to her husband about which of the following?
A. Not to run in the 1976 presidential campaign
B. To choose Nelson Rockefeller as the Vice President
C. Not to pardon Richard Nixon
D. Advocating clemency for Vietnam draft evaders
6. Betty Ford made no secret of her struggles with alcohol and opioids. She attributed her alcohol dependency to what?
A. low self-esteem caused by lack of a college degree
B. the pressures of coping with her role as First Lady
C. her traumatic childhood
D. her parents who allowed her to drink as a child at the dinner table
7. The Betty Ford Center was established in what state in 1982 to provide treatment to people with alcohol dependency and other addictions?
A. New York
8. Betty Ford was the first First Lady to publicly acknowledge she had undertaken which medical procedures?
A. blood transfusion and colonoscopy
B. tonsillectomy and appendectomy
C. facelift and mastectomy
D. hysterectomy and abortion
9. Betty Ford made a cameo appearance in 1976 in which well-known T V show?
A. The Carol Burnett Show
B. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
C. Marcus Welby M.D.
D. All My Children
10. Following her time as First Lady, Betty Ford took to writing and had three books published. Which of the following titles was not her's?
A. Times of My Life
B. A Glad Awakening
C. Healing and Hope
D. It's Up to the Women
Conditions of Use