for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Rolls Royce - The Partnership that built an icon.
Questions on the two men who built the finest automobiles in the world.
March 10, 2021
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: https://idaoffice.org/posts)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What were the first names of Rolls and Royce?
A. William and Robert
B. Herbert and Cedric
C. Richard and Oscar
D. Charles and Henry
2. Royce provided the technical expertise of the partnership. Which of the following did Rolls not bring to their effort?
A. access to raw materials
B. financial backing
C. business acumen
D. business connections
3. Apart from his interest in the motor industry, Rolls was an enthusiastic aviator. Which of the following is not true of his flying history?
A. He made the first non-stop double crossing of the English Channel.
B. He was the second Englishman to fly.
C. He flew the first air raid of World War I.
D. He was the first Englishmen to die in a plane crash.
4. The first Rolls Royce 10hp car was made in 1904 and had how many cylinders?
5. How many of the first Rolls Royce 10hp cars were made?
6. Rolls toured the USA promoting his car and emphasising what two features?
A. power and reliability
B. quietness and smoothness
C. technical precision and comfort of seats
D. ease of handling and fuel economy
7. How long did the partnership between Rolls and Royce last?
A. 6 years
B. 24 years
C. 37 years
D. 58 years
8. Two years before the death of Royce, in 1931 Rolls Royce bought out which luxury competitor?
A. Aston Martin
9. Royce's approach to excellence was legendary. Which of the following quotes was not made by him?
A. Strive for perfection in everything you do.
B. Take the best that exists and make it better.
C. The quality will remain when the price is forgotten.
D. The best is the enemy of the good.
10. In 1987 where did a marketing survey rank the Rolls Royce brand in terms of worldwide product recognition.
Conditions of Use