for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Steven Spielberg - Renowned Film Director
A quiz on the man whose movies and characters have become household names.
July 12, 2013
Movie & TV Directors, Producers & Writers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: en.wikipedia.org)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what Ohio city was Steven Spielberg born in 1946?
2. At what age did Steven Spielberg produce a 40 minute film entitled "Escape to Nowhere"?
3. Steven Spielberg's company is called "Amblin'". From where did this title originate?
A. It was the title of film Spielberg made that won him a contract with Universal Studios.
B. It was the name of his family home.
C. It is a combination and shortened form of "America Believing"
D. From a song by Woodie Guthrie
4. In 1971 Steven Spielberg gained acclaim with a film about a vengeful truck driver in pursuit of motorist, Dennis Weaver. What was its name?
C. Break Point
5. Which of the following Spielberg movies did he both write and direct?
B. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
C. Raiders of the Lost Ark
D. The Color Purple
6. For which movie did Steven Spielberg first win a Best Director Academy Award?
A. E. T. The Extra Terrestrial
B. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
C. Schindler's List
D. Jurassic Park
7. Which modern composer has supplied the music for many of Spielberg's movies?
A. Andrew Lloyd-Webber
B. John Williams
C. Paul Williams
D. Steven Sondheim
8. For which film did Steven Spielberg receive his second Best Director Academy Award?
A. Saving Private Ryan
C. War of the Worlds
9. As of 2013, approximately how many nominations for awards had Steven Spielberg films won?
10. Steven Spielberg's achievements have been acknowledged by many. Which of the following awards has he not received?
A. Distinguished Eagle Scout
B. Honorary Knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II
C. Congressional Gold Medal
D. Cecil B. deMille Award from the Golden Globes
Conditions of Use