for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - W. C. Fields - Comedy Master
Leo Rosten said of W. C. Fields "Any man who hates dogs and babies can't be all bad." Test your knowledge of the man whose unique comedy style has stood the test of the time.
August 16, 2014
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in January, 1880, W. C. Fields was given what Christian names?
A. William Charles
B. Walter Claude
C. Walter Charles
D. William Claude
2. Before becoming a comedian W. C. Fields had a vaudeville career as what type of entertainer?
C. tightrope walker
D. mime artist
3. W.C. Fields' snide asides were learned copying whom?
A. His mother
B. His father
C. His Sunday School teacher
D. His father's bookmaker
4. In what film did W. C. Fields appear with that other great comedic icon, Mae West?
A. The Bank Dick
B. Never Give a Sucker and Even Break
C. My Little Chickadee
D. It's a Gift
5. Renowned for his love of alcohol, which of the following testimonials to drink was not made by W. C. Fields?
A. "Here's to alcohol, the rose colored glasses of life."
B. "I certainly do not drink all the time. I have to sleep you know."
C. "Twas a woman who drove me to drink. I never had the courtesy to thank her."
D. "I exercise extreme self control. I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast."
6. Which writer did W. C. Fields admire and also channel through some of the characters Fields played?
7. Which of the following colorful character names was not used by W. C. Fields in his films?
A. Cuthbert J. Twillie
B. Augustus Q. Winterbottom
C. Elmer Prettywillie
D. Wackford Squeers
8. W. C. Fields did not restrict himself to films and wrote an interesting book with what interesting title?
A. Fields and Religion - What I Believe
B. Fields for President
C. The W. C. Fields Recipe for a Happy Marriage
D. The W. C. Fields Guide to Temptation
9. Characterized as someone who hated children, how many children did W. C. Fields father?
10. An affirmed atheist, W. C. Fields died in 1946 on what Christian day?
A. Good Friday
B. Easter Sunday
D. Palm Sunday
Conditions of Use