for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - John Milton - English Poet
John Milton is best known for his classic poem “Paradise Lost”. Take ten questions on the man who has been called the greatest English poet.
March 07, 2018
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what century did John Milton live?
2. Attending Cambridge University, what ignominious fate befell Milton?
A. He failed all courses.
B. He was outed for having an unrequited love for a room mate.
C. He came last in all sporting events he entered.
D. He was publicly flogged.
3. John Milton worked for which notable English figure?
A. Oliver Cromwell
B. Charles I
C. Daniel Defoe
D. Christopher Wren
4. John Milton was married three times to women who had what in common?
A. They were ex-nuns.
B. They were much younger than Milton.
C. They were second cousins of Milton.
D. They were rescued by Milton as they were prostitutes.
5. What affliction befell John Milton?
A. He became deaf.
B. He lost the power of speech.
C. He became blind.
D. He developed Parkinson’s Disease.
6. John Milton’s masterpiece “Paradise Lost” is based on what event?
A. The fall of man
B. The fall of the Egyptian Empire
C. The fall of the Roman Empire
D. The fall of the Charles I
7. Such was its size, Milton’s “Paradise Lost” consists of how many books
8. What was the title of Milton’s successor to “Paradise Lost”?
A. Paradise Recovered
B. Paradise Regained
C. Paradise Rediscovered
D. Paradise Reclaimed
9. Of what political persuasion was John Milton?
10. John Milton died aged 65 from what cause?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by