for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Louis Armstrong - The One and Only Satchmo!
Ten questions on the trumpeter (1901-1971) whose appeal crossed racial, cultural and national borders.
November 01, 2013
Jazz and Blues
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Louis Armstrong @ Ventures)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in 1901, Louis Armstrong was sent to a correction home for what crime in 1912?
A. Pick pocketing
B. Discharging a gun in a public place
2. Although born in New Orleans, in what city did Louis Armstrong make his biggest impact as a jazz player?
A. New York
B. San Francisco
3. Known around the world as Satchmo, what other nickname did Louis Armstrong have?
4. Louis Armstrong was arrested for the second time in his life in 1930 for what crime?
A. Marijuana possession
B. Prohibition trangression
C. Consorting with white women
D. Playing in a "white only" night club
5. Such was his fame, Louis Armstrong played for which international figure in the 1930s?
A. Adolf Hitler
B. Franklin Roosevelt
C. King George V
D. Winston Churchill
6. How many times was Louis Armstrong married?
7. Louis Armstrong broadened his international exposure by appearing in many Hollywood musicals. Which of the following was not one of his?
A. Five Pennies
B. An American in Paris
C. Glenn Miller Story
D. High Society
8. During the 1950s Louis Armstrong and the All Stars toured extensively on what continent?
C. South America
9. It took many years for Louis Armstrong to achieve a Number One hit. What was that song?
A. When the Saints Go Marching In
B. What a Wonderful World
D. Hello Dolly
10. In what James Bond film did Louis Armstrong sing "We Have All the Time in the World"?
A. On Her Majesty's Secret Service
C. You Only Live Twice
D. Diamonds Are Forever
Pine River Consulting 2022